This is our Adoration Chapel on Pomfret Street. Here is the Live Feed: http://184.108.40.206/view/viewer_index.shtml?id=1199
Tonight we are to have Adoration at Marsh Drive.
Because Roman Catholics believe that Christ is truly present (Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity) in the Eucharist, the reserved sacrament serves as a focal point of adoration. The Catechism of the Catholic Church (item 1377) states that: “The Eucharistic presence of Christ begins at the moment of the consecration and endures as long as the Eucharistic species subsist.”
Preparing the Children
- The sign of the cross
- Embrace moments of silence mixed with a few words from Holy Scripture or meditations to help the adorers listen to Jesus in the silence of their hearts
- Offer intentions silently and then take turns sharing our petitions aloud.
- Let the children know their adoration is VERY IMPORTANT
Short Phrases of Adoration
Short phrases of adoration can be done anytime or anywhere
- Hello Jesus!
- Lord, I adore You; I bow in Your Holy Presence.
- Why are we here? Because Jesus invites you!
- Jesus, I give You my heart!
- He only wants a few minutes. Can we give that to Him?
- Lord, I adore You. I respect Your Holy Presence.
- Look at the Host and the crucifix. What is the difference?
- When the priest says, “This is My Body”, Jesus comes.
- Close your eyes and ears to everything but Jesus.
- Jesus, speak, I am listening.
- My God, I believe, I adore, and I trust in You.
- Jesus, fill my heart with Your love, so I can share it with others.
- In order to love others I must receive You into my heart.
- Who would like to receive Jesus into their heart? Invite Him! Jesus, come into my heart.
- Come into my heart. Come into my life.
- Jesus is gazing at you with so much love!
- Thank you, Jesus, for loving us so much!
- I know you are God; and I respect your Holy Presence.
- This chapel is an awesome place to be! What is different from our classroom? Jesus is HERE!
- The Bible is important, we hear God speaking in the Gospel.
- How does He reduce Himself to be present in a little piece of bread?
- Nothing is impossible to God!
- My God, My God, I love You in the Most Blessed Sacrament!
- Jesus loves us and wants us to share His love with others.
- Your heart is like a little cup, we bring this to Jesus to fill us with His grace.
- Jesus, fill my heart with your love, your peace.
- For each moment we spend here with Jesus, our souls are changed forever!
- Thank you Jesus for blessing us today!
Wedding Feast of Cana,
Marriage and Holy Orders are Sacraments at the Service of Communion.
Wedding Feast of Cana Quiz: http://www.bemydisciples.com/grades/3/chapters/15
Blest are We Chapter 13: Sacrament in the Church p.153-160