- I am the Lord your God, You shall not have other gods besides me.
- You shall not take the God’s Name in Vain
- Remember to keep Holy the Sabbath Day
- Honor your father and mother
- You shall not kill
- You shall not commit adultery
- You shall not Steal
- You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor
- You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife
- You shall not covet anything that belongs to your neighbor.
December 6 is Reconciliation
Dec. 6 is the Penance service. We went over the procedure for the confessions and Act of Contrition.
“Blest are We” grade 4 chapter 14 pp.163-166, 168- 169
Because there is sin in the world, we live on earth and someday we will die. But God provides us a way to save ourselves/our souls. In the Old Testament, they sacrificed an animal or food on an altar for a person’s sins. In the New Testament, Jesus is our sacrifice on the cross. We also offer the ”sacrifice of the Mass” for the forgiveness of sins.
An Examination of Conscience for Children
by Fr. Edward Filardi, Gaithersburg, Maryland
Order of Confession and Act of Contrition: “Blest are We” grade 4 chapter 14 p. 269